A free online course on Combating Human Trafficking sponsored by Airports Council International (ACI) for aviation stakeholders all over the world. At the end of which you will be assessed and certified.
Human trafficking as a form of modern-day slavery is a menace and a threat to human rights and freedom. It has posed a negative impact on the movements of a person in order to exploit that person.
Due to this challenge, the ACI during its 26th general Assembly affirmed the commitment of airports to help combat human trafficking.
Hence, the birth of this course. The course will provide you with an understanding of the issues and challenges that airports face in relation to human trafficking. Also, you will be exposed to the knowledge and tools that can be used to raise awareness and combat human trafficking at your airport.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Define human trafficking
- Understand the role of airports in combatting human trafficking
- Understand the policies which can help combat human trafficking
- Recognize the signs of human trafficking
- Understand how to train and engage airport staff in combatting human trafficking
- Understand how to raise public awareness about the issue
- Discuss case studies on how other airports are combatting human trafficking
Who Should Enrol?
- All airport personnel including airside, terminal and landside staff
- Personnel from all airport stakeholders and service providers that operate at the airport
- All airport personnel with supervisory or management responsibilities including airside, terminal and landside staff
- All supervisors and managers from airport stakeholders that provide services to airport customers including airlines, ground handlers, and concessionaires
The ACI Combatting Human Trafficking course covers the following topics:
Defines and introduces the concept of human trafficking.
Explains airport policies that help to combat human trafficking.
Signs of Human Trafficking
Provides guidance on how to recognize the signs of human trafficking and describe some basic procedures and protocols for reporting suspected human trafficking situations.
Explains how to promote awareness of human trafficking in airport staff.
Understand how to raise public awareness of human trafficking.
Discuss airport case studies and takes a closer look at the strategies they are using to combat human trafficking.
This course includes an integrated online assessment. Candidates must successfully complete the assessment to receive a Certificate of Completion.
How to Register for the Course
Please watch the video below and follow the instructions accordingly.
You can register by clicking the button below.